Friday 6 November 2009

Frank

I'm a massive Amy Winehouse fan, or at least I was, nowadays she seems to be more about the tabloids than the music. She's one of those people that I really want to love but she keeps doing things that annoy me (recently she got a boob job which I think is a shame), I hear there's going to be a new album out next spring so fingers crossed I can start loving her again, because really her music is brilliant and she's such a talent. Anyway here is a very early embroidery of mine in ode to her and her fabulous style!...

The hair is satin stitch. I was so new to embroidery that I'm not sure what stitch you'd call the yellow area, I remember it took me ages to finish because it's so haphazard, almost like a brickwork pattern I suppose?! Anyway I loved doing her little tattoos and it remains one of my favourites, can't wait to do another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment