Friday 27 November 2009

Wedding gift

My best friend recently got married. We both knew I wanted to make something for her as a keep sake/ heirloom that she could treasure.

I wanted it to be traditional in the 'sampler' vein with traditional and slightly kitch motifs, like ribbons and swooping starlings.

She gave me a piece of the wedding dress silk to work with, which was an honour and a challenge. And here's the result...




There are a variety of stitches, satin, cross, back stitch and laid and couch stitch.
I was particularly pleased with the laid and couch stich, I used metallic thread and worked up really nicely in that stitch.


I forgot to explain that she wanted it attached to her purse that she would carry all day. It was tricky attaching it to the bag, some slip stitches seemed to fix it, although it won't stay for daily use. Luckily it's going in a frame from now on.

Thanks,

Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment